Thursday 18 April 2013

Self Reflection

I find I do a lot of this, I look back at the things I've done and the things I should have done and I start to wonder if there are more of me and why on earth they don't talk to each other. Week and a half ago I was in the middle of a big project and while I was slaving away at it for 12-14 hours a day the only thing gong through my numb mind was "I should be charging more" in fact the thought was so profound that I had to stop, brake and draw it.


 I had a chance to Ink it the other day but really. I need to work on shiny black things cause it's not where I want it to be. But the hair is supper cool. So there is me and my 2 cents to my Past Self (the one standing) and Futures Self (the one cowering) and really it got me no where except for distracted. Like I said I was running on little sleep for about 3 weeks at this point (yey for back to back projects) and what does my tired mind decide to do instead of sleep... obviously keep me up till 3 or 4 in the morning sketching these little conflicts with myself. Here is another...


Because my Past Self is a Sadistic-Money-Hungry-I-Could-Care-Less sort of person, she will book back to back to back projects and then start cracking the whip. As a mental note, I should clean up sketches made at 3 in the morning before starting to ink them... things were getting wonky at the end there. And they are floating... yap... definitely finish sketches before inking. On a separate note, although hand lettering has lots of life... I'm not going to do it beyond sound FX. It's just too much...


No comments:

Post a Comment